- Convincing the government to build thousands of affordable homes so that milions are no longer cut off from the housing market;
- Proper funding of the NHS – the Liberal Democrats argue for a penny in the pound on income tax for the NHS and social care; and
- Giving a voice to the majority of voters who now want Exit from Brexit, through a public vote on the terms of the divorce and any EU trade deal.
Vince also says that he will carry on the Liberal Democrat record of being unafraid to swim against the tide, such as:
- fighting for LGBT rights, including same sex marriage, secured when the Lib Dems were in government;
- leading political opposition to the Iraq War;
- warning about the 2007 credit crunch and 2008 financial crisis and then rebuilding the economy through initiatives like the industrial strategy and Green Investment Bank; and
- the only main national party speaking for millions of voters who oppose a hard Brexit that would damage the economy.